INSURANCE CLAIMS HANDLING AND CLAIMS MANAGEMENT
Where appropriate, Ian Crotty Solicitors can manage a claim or a portfolio of claims in a variety of circumstances for example;
- at pre-litigation stage;
- where coverage is being considered;
- where such a facility is required in tandem with the appointed legal panel provider;
- pursuant to insurance service level agreements.
In those circumstances, Ian Crotty utilizes his industry knowledge to frontload investigations and seek to finalise a resolution strategy for claims as early as possible to keep legal spend to an absolute minimum, curtail leakage and protect stakeholders financial interests.
Typical services include :-
- Advising the client on the overall risk framework and providing Management Information/Claims analysis tools ;
- Notifying and recording all claims and maintaining/regularly updating a claims bordereau ;
- Reporting to insurers ;
- Settlement of Claims within a Delegated Authority structure ;
- Reviewing claims with the client and in-house/external lawyers and assisting on overall insurance and claims strategy with insurers ;
- Managing reserve spreadsheets and agreeing to reserves based on reviews with the client and their In-house legal team /external providers;
- Where there is an insurance captive arrangement, reporting to captive management board and auditors.